[BASIC] Combat System Dec 19, 2016 18:37:26 GMT
Post by dimechime on Dec 19, 2016 18:37:26 GMT
All classes have block bar, rage bar, and breath bar.
Block bar, or composure bar, is depleted when an enemy attacks you. If depleted completely, it will start flashing as it slowly regens, and during this time you cannot block your opponents’ attacks (skills will be interrupted). Blocking in this game is automatic. Thus, the goal of combat is to whittle down the opponent’s block bar until it shatters, and then use the heavy hitting skills that are normally blocked while they cannot block.
There is also a crowd control (suppression) effect from certain skills, where opponents cannot act while being hit by the skill. This allow you to combo them better.
Breath is used for movement (gliding, dashing, rolling, etc) and will regen over time. Can regen using the blue potions.
Rage is used for your ultimate skill (keybind on ~), clear mind mode (caps lock), and book skills. This builds up slowly over time, and can also be gained from using the Vamp Skill on named opponents.
The amount of rage regenerated from the Vamp Skill is based on the combo meter at the left side of your screen.
The Clear Mind skill (default keybind is Caps Lock), which singles out one target for you to fight 1v1 in a crowd. Useful for when you are about to die/capturing bandits, but consumes 200 pts of rage.
Resource bars vary from class to class, but are either mana bars that deplete or rage bars that fill up.
Credit to FreedomPlays for a quick translation of the Combat Intro video that was released on launch; here you can see most of these components in action:
There's some difference in choices in translation:
composure = block bar
killing intent = rage
blood draining skill = finisher/vamp spell
Also note that the block bar reduction for bosses was removed since the video was made, since the devs realized having bosses constantly being suppressed = no dungeon mechanisms to play through.
Generally, there are 10 types of skills in this game:
- 3-strike Autoattack: default on left-mouse button, no cooldown, no crowd control effect, very consistent damage, lowest damage output. Use it when you need to attack while other skills are on cooldown
- Finisher (Vamp Skill): very short cooldown (6 secs), performs a finishing move when a named mob's HP is low enough to be murdered, and regens your HP significantly. The skill has other effects even when it does not trigger the finishing move, so you should always use this attack when it's available regardless whether it can trigger the finishing move or not. The higher your combo counter, the more HP and rage is regenerated.
- Block-Break Slow Attack: this type of attack depletes your opponent's block bar. Cast time is slow, output a lot of damage. Usually performs a lot of hits.
- Block-Break Quick Attack: this type of attack is purposely to deplete your opponent's block bar (like above). Cast time faster, a lot less damage done, usually 1 hit.
- Single Target Attack (5-hit): This type of attack is best to be performed when your opponent's defensive gauge has been completely depleted. Otherwise, the large amount of damage that this type of attack does will be blocked. Usually this type of attack has 4 or more hits that requires you to consecutively smashing the same key, though pressing and holding also works if you are not picky about the timing.
- Crowd Control Escape: breaks out stun/root, at the same time it can slightly damage your enemy or knock them down. Super long cooldown with this ability.
- Crowd Damage: like the 5th ability on this list, but better in PvE or a crowd of enemies. When the enemy's defensive gauge is full or the block rate is high, it won't do much damage.
- Skill Buff: modifies the behavior of the above attacks, which includes cutting down CD, increasing damage or suppression effects, etc. Instacast, but has larger cooldown.
- Ultimate: powerful skill with AoE that does a lot of damage but consumes rage. Useful for clearing large crowds of mobs. Can get interrupted by attacks if block is too weak. Default bound to the ~ key.
- Others: some classes have unique abilities of their own besides the above six: Beggar and Zhenwu have good counter attacks, The Tianxiang has healing abilities and a crowd control escape move for an ally only. Beggar, Tianxiang, and Shendao also have a team buff. The various stun effects also depends on the different classes.
Useful Qinggong (Movement) skills:
Note that some are hotkeyed while others are not.
- Air dash (shift+W or shift+S): can be used while in air to dash forward
- Knockback jump (space while in air): when knocked into the air can be activated to escape
- Air Grab: grabs person in the air and slams them to the ground
credit goes to MagicRen and dimechime